Comm. Central Academy is a classical Christian homeschool program that meets on Mondays during the school year to support parents in their homeschooling efforts by reviewing, launching, and providing instruction for weekly lessons as outlined in the Comm. Central Curriculum Guide. Currently the Academy is available only in the Central Arkansas area.
The Academy provides many benefits and opportunities.
Comm. Central Academy will assist you, the parent, in the undertaking of a classical education by providing the following:
- A community of like-minded parents and students
- Accountability through schedule and course book checklists
- Writing instruction and assessment (3rd Grade and up)
- Grammar instruction (3rd Grade and up)
- Latin instruction (2nd Grade through 6th Grade)
- Math instruction (7th Grade and up)
- Geography drill
- Instruction and completion of science experiments
- An outlet for history, literature, Bible, and science discussions
- Integration of Christian teaching in every subject
- Oral communication instruction with regular presentation opportunities
- Large group presentation opportunities through a yearly talent show and an end-of-year program
See individual grade for specific information!